Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments

Friday, September 24, 2010

Blizzard Must Find Another Home :((

9/24/2010




















We have tried everything possible to hold on to this dog.  Unfortunately nothing has worked out since he got here.  Had I known that I wouldn't have a place for him where I live I would have never had him sent up here to Maine.  That was the biggest let down from my friends who had originally opened their home to him (and myself). 

Blizzard's habit of bolting out doors and wanting to fight with every non-border collie male he sees was what the final breaking point for his stay here.  He was living with friends of mine, and my husband and I were presently trying to have him shipped to Oregon... where my husband was and where I will be moving soon.  By October 1st, he would have been on his way (or already there) to Oregon.  The urgent phone message on my phone this morning has upped the anti a bit and I have spent the day putting ads in Uncle Henry's, calling BC rescues etc.  This is so totally not what I want to do with this dog that I have invested so much time, love, and even money into.  We have tried so hard to hang on to him and it seems we have failed.  My husband will never get to meet the boy and he so wanted to meet him.

It is my dream that Blizzard will be adopted out to an active family in the country, or maybe even to a farm to help herd.  I could see him doing dog sports and I could see him working on a golf course chasing the birds off the course as well.  He is swift, very strong, and has a good herding drive... not a low drive like his breeders said he had.  They didn't know him from my butt!  Sad but true.  I want him to have a stable family willing to work with him and love him and will keep him into his old age to his dying moment.  He needs consistency.

It so breaks my heart to have to do this to my handsome boy... as thick as he is :)  I tried so hard. I realize now that I will probably not ever do any Border Collie rescueing.  This whole thing with Blizzard has just broken my heart.  What I really was looking for was a future service dog for when Rosie must retire.  I let my heart get in the way though.  I should have known better to not go through a bad breeder with no puppy contract, and to get an older pup who was beyond the ideal socialization period.

As painful as it can be sometimes, we live and we learn.

Please look through his photos and see how awesome he was.  God, I will miss him.

No comments: